Technological evolution has been such that, in recent decades and in business terms, new ways and opportunities to reach consumers have constantly appeared. Digital marketing is today an unavoidable strategy in any marketing plan to conquer potential customers / consumers. With the increasing access and use of the Internet by the majority of the world's population, it is natural that the promotion and conduct of online business is increasingly popular.
Although many have undervalued the importance of email, today it is confirmed to be the best ROI medium for marketers.
Emails, as a form of communication, have existed for decades, since the first email message sent in 1971. Over the years, the World Wide Web has evolved and grown and email marketing has found its rightful place in the business world.
It is true that email was once synonymous with chaos: spam and malware messages flooded inboxes. But email has evolved: advanced filters and sophisticated algorithms can now block the vast majority of these traps.
Technology has also improved our message organization. Today there are automatic tags, for example, that cause us to find any stored email, no matter the message's date. In addition, few people need to worry about space: today, email services offer several gigabytes for storage.
Although applications such as WhatsApp, Messenger or Viber have been replacing email in conversations with friends, emails are still very important.
It's no wonder that all smartphones provide access to the user's different emails and a large percentage of these people check their email inbox several times a day.
To understand the importance and role email marketing plays today, here are some of the most relevant email marketing statistics:
- A single person sends and receives more than 200 emails a day on average. (Radicati);
- In 2015, the worldwide number of email users was almost 2.6 billion. By the end of this year, the number of email users worldwide will increase to over 2.9 billion. (Radicati);
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email. (Convença&Converta);
- The e-mail marketing technology is used by 82% of the B2B and B2C companies. (Ascend2);
-74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement. (eConsultoria);
- Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue. (DMA);
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. (Campaign Monitor);
- For every $1 spent, email marketing generates $38 in ROI. (Campaign Monitor);
- 83% of B2B marketers use email newsletters for content marketing. (Instituto de Marketing de Conteúdo).
This data confirms the high potential of email marketing to reach consumers.
The goal of email marketing is to carry the message to online users with a personalized approach in order to achieve something, how to generate a sale, get visitors, encourage downloads, etc.
Of course, it is much more complex than simply sending a message. It is necessary to encourage its openness, explore how consumers are interacting with the email, if they forwarded it, clicked on the links, etc.
Corporate e-mail is an excellent way to promote a product or service since, through it, it is guaranteed to reach a massive target audience. And if we consider that social network accounts increase from day to day, including links to your company's social networks in the email signature is another excellent way to get closer to your stakeholders.
There are already numerous email subscription solutions and services that meet all these requirements.